Address: Via della Madonna dell’Acqua, 6 – Allerona (TR)
Located just outside the town, this 18th century church has a characteristic octagonal shape. Built in the years between 1715 and 1723 on a pre-existing votive chapel from the 1400s next to a source of water deemed prodigious. The complex with a single hall, was built with the materials available on site (stone and terracotta), and on the inside it is enriched with elegant and slender architectural elements that make it a monument of rare elegance and beauty.
On the main altar there is a Virgin and Child, the right altar is surmounted by a canvas depicting S. Pasquale Baylon and S. Bernardino da Siena, the right one is dedicated to S. Domenico di Guzman.