Address: Piazza Santa Maria 15 – Allerona (TR)
It is the parish church of the town of Allerona, that of Santa Maria Assunta (XV century) and is located inside the village. It has been documented as a collegiate church since 1275, on the threshold of the 16th century it was adorned with a precious panel by Nicolò Alunno, representing the Madonna Assunta surrounded by glorifying angels.
Originally it had two side doors with the figures of San Giovanni Battista and San Sebastiano, which are currently located in the National Museum of Castel Sant’Angelo in Rome.
Also interesting is a fresco by Giovanni Antonio de ‘Sacchis, called il Pordenone, commissioned in 1516 by the widow of Bartolomeo d’Alviano, Pantasilea Baglioni, representing the noblewoman herself and a Madonna and Saints.
(Credits fotografici: Giorgio Albani)