The most ancient and certain information of the church date back to the Pastoral Visit Reports of the early 1600s. The church at that time was already a center of great devotion, and in the document of 1616 was named for the first time with the name of Majesty “sub title Majestatis”.
The title is undoubtedly linked to the representation of the Madonna and Child on a throne of clouds between Angels and Saints frescoed on the back wall.
The current appearance is the result of various and subsequent interventions. The small chapel of origin was enlarged in 1848 and underwent a radical transformation in 1890 with the construction of a twin church. In 1926 once the dividing wall was demolished the roofing of the two buildings was unified. In 1980 the detachment of the fresco became necessary for reasons of restoration and conservation. In the anti-sacristy there is a canvas depicting Our Lady of Sorrows, placed in adoration in 1799.
Very strong and particular is the devotion that the Ficulle people give towards the Madonna della Maestà. Celebrated every year on November 21, crowds of devotees even from neighboring towns come to the liturgical celebrations that take place continuously throughout the day.