Address: Corso della Rinascita, 28 – Ficulle (TR)
Built in 1606 as a subsidiary of the Pieve di S. Maria Vecchia, it became a Collegiate church around the middle of the 1700s. A plaque kept in the sacristy testifies that it was built “in Comodum Populi”, that is for the convenience of the population residing within the walls, and consecrated in 1610.
Of late Renaissance mannerist style, it is attributed to the illustrious sculptor and architect from Orvieto Ippolito Scalza (1532-1617). Its construction characterized by a solemn and simple style. In the plan, perfectly central except for the three chapels at the bottom, and in the use of the architectural decorations, loyalty to the classic Renaissance modules stands out.
Contrasting superstructures are the pulpit in colored stucco leaning against a pillar, and the heavy wooden choir, whitewashed on the entrance wall. The tribune still remains of the late 16th century organ from the Church of S. Agostino di Orvieto. In the left aisle after the baptismal font, in well-made fake polychrome marble, the altar of St. Joseph, with the statue of the saint in Roman cardboard. At the end of the nave, the chapel of the S.S. Sacramento, decorated by F. Scalza, with the altar set up by the Brotherhood of the same name, which also owes the placement of the canvas of the Last Supper, attributed by Calderini to Roman mannerism.
In the middle of the right nave there is the altar of the Rosary, built by the homonymous Brotherhood, above which the Mysteries of the Rosary that surround the statue of the Madonna are visible on canvas. At the end of the nave, the chapel until 1860 dedicated to S.Carlo Borromeo, now the Chapel of the Relics. In the central nave, behind the main altar, there is a discreet wooden choir from the 1700s. On the bottom, a large canvas depicting the Madonna and the Saints, venerated until the mid-1600s as patrons of the town. Next to it, two oval paintings depicting on the left S. Teresa di Gesu, and on the right a martyr soldier S. Espedito or S. Giorgio. The other two oval paintings represent S. Luigi Gonzaga on the left, and on the right S. Margherita da Cortona.
Under the altar, since 1793 the body of a martyr has been kept coming from the Catacombs of S. Lorenzo al Verano, who was given the name of S. Vittoria, given the local veneration for this Saint, patroness of the town.