After 122 years the statues of the Apostles and Protector Saints make their return to the Duomo.
There had been talk of their return since the statues were removed from the cathedral in 1897 and in recent years have been exhibited at the former church of Saint Agostino. The sculptural group of the Annunciation by Francesco Mochi were made between 1556 and 1722. Since March all of these large statues are once again inside the Cathedral, positioned at the base of the columns.
The statues represent a great heritage of faith and art, and enrich the interiors of the Cathedral of Orvieto even more.