Indirizzo: Via Ippolito Scalza – Orvieto (TR)
Built in the 13th century, it has an extremely simple façade in a typically Romanesque style, with a portal from the 1400’s. The interior has three naves divided by 10 large Romanesque columns with round arches, and frescoes preserved from the 1300’s. One fresco dates to 1330 representing the Four stories of St. Lawrence, another preserving only fragments of a Madonna and Child. Interesting is the reproduction of a 12th century Byzantine ciborium in black stone. The altar table is supported by an Etruscan altar. The ara comes from an Etruscan temple and gives its name to the church called for this de’Arari.