Address: Corso Cavour, 87 – Orvieto (TR)
Telephone: (+39) 0763.344567
Hours and Tickets
- March-April / September-October 10:00 – 19:00
- November-February 10:30 – 16:30
- May-August 10:00 – 20:00
Tickets: € 2.80
Reduced price: € 2.00 (groups of at least 7 people, students, seniors)
Reduced price: € 1.20 (groups of at least 19 people)
Free up to 10 years
47 meters high and oriented almost perfectly according to the four cardinal points that divide the 4 districts of the city, the tower initially called “del Papa” and renamed “del Moro” probably in relation to Raffaele di Sante called “il Moro” character whose name was already linked to the whole district, and to the building adjacent to the tower.
Following the restorations of 1866, the mechanical clock and the two civic bells were installed on the tower. The Palazzo dei Sette adjoining the tower is also of medieval origin and in the time when Orvieto was a free Municipality it hosted the seven representatives of the main city guilds. Today the palace serves as an exhibition space for events and exhibitions while the Moro tower is an unmissable attraction for those wishing to climb its summit and admire a magnificent 360-degree panorama of Orvieto and the surrounding area.